Saturday, May 21, 2016

"This is my part nobody else speak"

Kanye's album Life of Pablo is fairly awful. I'm sorry and I'm a very big fan of Yeezus and Graduation that it shames me to dislike Life of Pablo so much. But come on compared to the intensity and creativity of Yeezus, Life of Pablo is a disgrace. I listened to the whole album on the way to San Francisco and I just did not like it. There was a few songs that I actually did like such as Feedback, Waves and I Love Kanye (even though it was stolen from SNL.) I did enjoy these songs because of their originality and not so hip hop persona.  Which is new and respectable, but thats what the people love.  Kanye without hip hop where??
Although I have to say Ultralight Beam got me on some hype, because Chance the Rapper in that is beautiful.  Some of my favorite lyrics in the song include:
You can feel the lyrics, the spirit coming in braille
Tubman of the underground, come and follow the trail
I made Sunday Candy, I'm never going to hell
I met Kanye West, I'm never going to fail
He said let's do a good ass job with Chance three
I hear you gotta sell it to snatch the Grammy
Let's make it so free and the bars so hard
That there ain't one gosh darn part you can't tweet
This is my part, nobody else speak
This is my part, nobody else speak
This little light of mine

Glory be to God, yeah
Like I said BEAUTIFUL. With the disappointment that Life of Pablo was, Ultralight Beam was much needed.

(quality is bad I know, but only video I could find from the SNL episode)

No comments:

Post a Comment