Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Why Spotify is superior

For the people who don't know what Spotify is, it is better than Tidal. Well that's supposed to be a joke, but in all seriousness it is true.  The Swedish company of Spotify was launched in 2008, I found out about it in the summer of 2014, and has changed the way people listen to music. Instead of downloading music from Apple iTunes, you can play music from the cloud. Spotify has over 30 million songs to play and has become very popular, with a total of 60 million users. The downside of Spotify is having to listen to ads every 10 songs, but my dad and I have invested in the premium membership. The membership allows you to play any song at anytime without any ads. My dad has actually calculated how much we have saved be using Spotify instead of iTunes and it was something crazy like $45 a month.
 
Despite Spotify not having Taylor Swift, I still love the app. Personally, I have found many genres, songs, albums and artists that I am very interested in and I would never have been able to find had I not have the access to it.  I am very grateful for Spotify being available to me, because it has increased my "musical knowledge" and improved my taste.
I'm sure as it's become clear I am a devoted Spotify user, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to have downloaded Tidal. Tidal is another app that is similar to Spotify, but is very sneaky. Tidal was created in 2015 by many artists like Jay Z, Kanye West, Madonna and Daft Punk. This is very smart marketing buy Tidal, because using  famous artists like these would attract many young viewers. One of the reasons why don't like Tidal is because they get artists to post their music there first. So this company uses musicians to their advantage, which in my opinion looks very sneaky and shady. This is why I continue to remain a devoted Spotify user. Also I like the logo a lot better.

(this photo is actually inaccurate because the Spotify icon is now teal smh.)


10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this article, I personally am an iTunes user and it does get expensive over time, I wasn't aware Spotify was so much cheaper! That's great information, i'm considering switching over now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Spotify doesn't have Taylor Swift?? Is there like a hidden hypocrisy about this? O.o I personally listen to illegally downloaded music or Pandora, so I don't know much about Spotify, but $45 is crazy. I wonder why itunes is still so popular then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, just to be clear, Spotify costs money right? LOL that question was driving me crazy while reading this. By the way, I think this is very insightful. I have, well, had by the end of this month, Apple Music. You're absolutely right about it being overpriced. It costs like 10$ a month per person! Like what? I guess it's worth it if you have Taylor Swift though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remarkable article, it is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! Buy Spotify Plays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete