Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Art of Happiness

"An intriguing encounter between East and West." (Mail on Sunday)   The Art of Happiness is an incredible book by the Dalai Lama that I read last summer, but I look at it time to time whenever I feel like I need help or to chill.  I wanted to write about this book, because it is a very important non-fiction that I believe everybody should read in order to achieve happiness. The book is targeted towards Westerners, because the Dalai Lama is interviewed by Howard C Cutler  who asked the Dalai Lama western situations.   For example, there's an entire section on love. Whether it is mature love, young love, dead love or getting over a relationship, the Dalai Lama talks about closure and letting go. There's a great section in there about spirituality, and I look to it when I'm feeling the meditation vibes.  Spirituality is very important to his people. Peacefulness has overcome the Dalai Lama, because with all the torture they've been through and everything that is people has had to put up with,  he has found a way to overcome all these pain fulfilling and apply Buddhism to balance and complete his spirit.  I really enjoyed this book because I think it's admirable that the Dalai Lama agreed to do this interview and trying to connect to people that live in a different human experience then Asian Buddhists. I think it's important that everybody deals with their problems and attempts to find a balance and spiritual freedom.


Image result for the dalai lama and the presidentImage result for the dalai lama the art of happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment